REFERENCES TO PAPERS DEALING WITH SIGNIFICANCE OF GCRA DRUGS
AS THERAPIES FOR CANCER AND INFLAMMATION
1. Shailubhai, K., Yu, H. H., Karunanandaa, K., Wang, J. Y., Eber, S. L., Wang, Y., Joo, N. S., Kim, H. D., Miedema, B. W., Abbas, Z., Boddupalli, S. B., Mark G. Currie., and Forte, L. R. Uroguanylin treatment suppresses polyps formation in APCmin/+ mouse and induces apoptosis in human colon adenocarcinoma cells by a cGMP dependent mechanism. Cancer Res. (2000), 60: 5151-5157.
Animal data supporting colon cancer as target for GCRA drug.
2. Shailubhai, K., Forte, L. R., Yu, H. H., Karunanandaa, K., Wang, J. Y., Eber, S. L., Wang, Y., Joo, N.S., Kim, H. D., Miedema, B.W., Abbas, Z., Boddupalli, S. S., and Currie, M. G. (1999) Oral administration of uroguanylin inhibits polyps formation in APCmin/+ mouse by a novel mechanism involving induction of apoptosis in epithelial cells of the intestinal mucosa. In Proceedings of the AACR · NCI · EORTC International Conference.
3. Forte LR. Guanylin regulatory peptides: structures, biological activities mediated by cyclic GMP and pathobiology. Regul. Pept. (1999) 81:25-39.
Review article describing recent advances on therapeutic applications.
4. Shailubhai, K. Therapeutic Applications of Guanylate Cyclase-C Agonists. (2002) Current Opinion in Drug Discovery and Development. 5:261-268
Review article describing recent advances suggesting GCRA drug applications in cancer, inflammation and asthma.
5. Pitari GM, Di Guglielmo MD, Park J, Schulz S, Waldman SA. Guanylyl cyclase C agonists regulate progression through the cell cycle of human colon carcinoma cells. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (USA) ( 2001) 98: 7846-7851.
6. Pitari GM, Zingman LV, Hodgson DM, Alekseev AE, Kazerounian S, Bienengraeber M, Hajnoczky G, Terzic A, Waldman SA.(2003)
Bacterial enterotoxins are associated with resistance to colon cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 100: 2695-2699. Epub 2003 Feb 19.
Paper supporting colon cancer as a target for GCRA drugs.
6. Liu L, Li H, Underwood T, Lloyd M, David M, Sperl G, Pamukcu R, Thompson WJ. Cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase activation and induction by exisulind and CP461 in colon tumor cells. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. (2001) 299: 583-592.
Paper supporting GCRA drug and phospohodiesterase inhibitors as drugs for colon cancer.
7. Gene Expression profiles in normal and cancer cells. Zhang L, Zhou W, Velculescu VE, Kern SE, Hruban RH, Hamilton SR, Vogelstein B, Kinzler KW. Science (1997) 276:1268-1272.
Gene expression profiling data in normal vs. colon cancer tissues. (paper attached)
8. Obayashi H, Yamaichi QUI. Both inhalant and intravenous uroguanylin inhibit leukotriene C4-induced airway changes. Peptides (2000) 21:1467-1472.
This and following two papers describe animal data supporting use of GCRA drug for treating asthma.
9. Rodger IW. Role of leukotrienes and leukotriene receptor antagonist in asthma: new advances. J. Investig. Allergol. Clin. Immunol. (1997) 7: 279.
10. Ohbayashi H, Yamaki K, Suzuki R, Takagi K. Effects of uroguanylin and guanylin against antigen-induced bronchoconstriction and airway microvascular leakage in sensitized guinea-pigs. Life Sci. (1998) 62:1833-1844.